Cook up these low-carb, garlic-flecked mushroom and zucchini noodles when you need dinner on the table, stat!
Warm weather calls for light dinners with bright, refreshing ingredients. Zucchini noodles fit the bill because they’re simple to cook and easy on the digestive system.
This Asian-inspired dish only calls for seven ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make. It’s the perfect dinner for two and can be served with your favorite proteins like steak or chicken.
Love pasta? Grab your spiralizer and crank out these amazing veggie noodle recipes!
Click Here to Get Your FREE recipe book of 20 Easy Ways to Use Your Spiralizer.
How To Cook Up Paleo-friendly, Asian Flavors
Capturing Asian flavors on the Paleo diet can be tricky, especially with many Asian staples like soy sauce off limits. Luckily, with a few healthy substitutions, you’ll be well on your way to recreating your favorite meals with a Paleo twist.
Here, we use coconut aminos in lieu of soy sauce, which delivers a similar umami flavor profile without the soy. A sprinkle of red chili flakes, fresh garlic, and chopped green scallions round out the flavors, while the mushrooms add their own savory layer.
Some Tips To Get You Started:
- Tone the heat down, or crank it up. If you don’t like heat, simply leave out the red pepper flakes. Add more if you prefer the opposite.
- Make use of your vegetable peeler. A hand-held julienne peeler works best for these thin strands of zucchini, but you can use a normal peeler for thicker ribbons or a spiralizer for curly noodles.
- Pack in more Asian-inspired flavor. You can also add in a bit of sesame oil and a sprinkle of sesame seeds for savory, nutty notes.
- Experiment with different mushrooms. Go ahead and sub out button mushrooms for your favorite variety. Shiitakes would add a distinct flavor, while white mushrooms lend a more subtle, mild note to your meal.
- Be careful not to overcook your zoodles. If you want perfect, al dente zucchini noodles, take care not to overcook them. A couple minutes over medium-high heat is all it takes.
Total time:25 mins
Cook Time:15 mins 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 mins 10 minutes
Nutrition facts:6 grams of protein24 grams of carbohydrates28 grams of fat
One-Pan Zucchini Noodles with Garlic Mushrooms
Cook up these low-carb, garlic-flecked mushroom and zucchini noodles when you need dinner on the table, stat.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here’s what we recommend:
Olive oil (Sky Organics)
(You’ll Also Love: Zucchini Noodles with Coconut Lime Shrimp)