The perfect sweet and crumbly coffee cake to pair with your morning brew.
Using a combination of gluten-free flours, this recipe is not only rich in fiber, but also completely dairy-free. This means everyone will be able to enjoy it without feeling any upset tummies or bloating.
To get started, whisk together all the crumb ingredients in a medium bowl. Use two knives to evenly cup up the coconut oil and form into a crumbly mixture. Set the mixture in the refrigerator and let it chill until ready to use.
Love Almond Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Almond Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Almond Flour Recipes!
Next, combine the first five ingredients for the cake in a medium bowl. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients into a smooth liquid mixture. Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, then whisk well until you have a homogeneous batter.
When ready, transfer the batter to a prepared baking pan and use a spatula to smooth out the surface. Sprinkle half of the crumb topping over the top and bake for 30 minutes. You can check for readiness by inserting a toothpick into the center and checking that it runs clean.
Once the cake is baked, sprinkle the rest of the crumb topping evenly over the cake. Allow the cake to cool completely (about 20 minutes) before removing from the pan. Slice into small squares and serve warm!
Tip: If you want the cake to have more of a buttery-rich taste, simply swap out the coconut oil for equal parts ghee.
Total time:1 hr
Inactive Time:20 mins 20 minutes
Cook Time:30 mins 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 mins 15 minutes
Highly Addicting Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Fragrant, melt-in-your-mouth coffee cake combines with a cinnamon crumble that’s out-of-this-world delicious.
For the Crumb Topping:
For the Coffee Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- To Make the Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl, combine the blanched almond flour, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, and solid coconut oil. Use two knives to cut at the coconut oil until you get a crumbly mixture. Set it in the refrigerator to chill until ready for use.
- To Make the Coffee Cake: In another medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla together until you get a smooth liquid mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and whisk well until you get a homogeneous, thick batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle half of the crumb topping over the top.
- Set the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the rest of the crumb topping all over the top.
- Let the cake cool completely for at least 20 minutes before removing it from the pan. Slice the cake into 15 squares and serve immediately.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Almond flour (Hodgson Mill)
Ground cinnamon (Simply Organic)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Baking powder (Hain)
Vanilla extract (Frontier)
(You’ll Also Love: The Best Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe)