Paleo bread gets smothered in warm spices, fresh fruit, and chopped pecans for a decadent holiday treat!
During the cold winter season, there’s no doubt this bread pudding is one of our all-time favorites. Full of fragrant flavors, it’s made sweet and tender with coconut oil and almond milk. It has a rich caramel drizzle and goes perfectly with a scoop of coconut cream.
The base of the pudding is made with day-old Paleo bread for a firm texture that soaks up all the added moisture. You can make your bread ahead of time (this Paleo bread recipe is super easy) or find a trusted brand at your local health food store.
Trying to figure out exactly what to eat on Paleo? Look no further than our FREE 21 Day Paleo Meal Plan.
Grab Our FREE Paleo Meal Plan By Clicking Here!
To get started, toss the bread cubes with the melted coconut oil, then fold in the chopped fruits. Transfer the mixture to a greased casserole dish and set aside. Tip: If you want the bread pudding to have more of a buttery taste, simply swap out the coconut oil for equal parts ghee.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk, 1/3 cup of caramel sauce, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt together. Pour the mixture over the bread cubes and use a wet spoon to gently press down. Let it stand for five minutes to allow the bread to absorb all the moisture.
Then, bake for one hour or until the top is golden brown and crispy. When finished, top with chopped pecans and drizzle the remaining caramel sauce on top. Allow the bread pudding to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Serve alongside coconut cream and enjoy!
Tip: If you’re feeling ambitious, make your Paleo caramel sauce at home with this easy recipe!
Total time:1 hr
Cook Time: 1 hr 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 mins 15 minutes
Easy Bread Pudding with Fruit & Pecans
Paleo bread gets smothered in warm spices, fresh fruit, and chopped pecans for a decadent holiday treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a large casserole dish with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread cubes and melted coconut oil together, tossing to coat. Stir in chopped pears and apples until evenly distributed. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk, 1/3 cup caramel sauce, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt together. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture, then gently press down with the back of a large spoon to moisten the ingredients. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the mixture into the oven and bake for 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let the bread pudding cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Top with pecans and drizzle the remaining caramel sauce on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Chocolate Ganache)